Sunday, May 15, 2011

Robert Gates Praises President Obama's Leadership On Bin Laden Raid (VIDEO)

Defense Secretary Robert Gates has told 60 Minutesthat President Obama's decision to launch a raid against Osama Bin Laden's compound with ground troops was "one of the most courageous" decisions he has ever seen a president make.

Gates adds ""Frankly, my heart was in my mouth... There was a lot of uncertainty about whether he was there. This was a very risky operation. So, I was very concerned. So was the President... I worked for a lot of these guys and this is one of the most courageous calls -- decisions -- that I think I've ever seen a president make."

Gates cites the uncertainty of the intelligence and the potential consequences if the mission failed as reinforcing his view of Obama's courage in making the call.

The full interview will be shown on tonight's 60 Minutes . You can watch a clip below


No comments:

Post a Comment