Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Glenn Beck Says Family Harrassed In Bryant Park: 'It Was A Hostile Situation' (VIDEO)

Glenn Beck went to Bryant Park Monday night for a showing of Alfred Hitchock's "The 39 Steps". But that was not the only showing he saw.

"It was a hostile situation," Beck described of his family's movie night; his wife, Tanya, had wine "kicked intentionally on to her back," leaving her "completely wet," he said on his radio show Tuesday morning. He further said that his wife and daughter were greeted by a man pointing his fingers and yelling "We hate conservatives here!" when they got up to use the restroom.

"If I had suggested -- and I almost did -- wow, does anybody have a rope? Because there's a tree here. You could just lynch me. And I think there would've been a couple in the crowd that would've!" The conservative radio-host recalled.
"I apologize to anybody who had their movie experience wrecked because of the people that found it so necessary to spew hatred," Beck said, "but there's nothing I can do about it."
He noted that he was "...A little surprised that nobody -- nobody -- in the crowd said 'knock it off. Just, stop. Just be cool. I don't agree with the guy, but just be cool.' "
Beck doesn't wish this kind of treatment among anyone, even his enemies. "All through the evening, I wanted to say to you today, please, please, please don't ever treat anybody like that. If Van Jonescomes and sits right next to you, please don't treat anybody like that."
Describing the crowd as the "most hateful people I've seen," Beck attributes the unfortunate experiences of last night to a demographic of "arrogant 25-year-olds." He said:
"All I could think of about the people around me all night was I feel sorry for you. I really feel sorry for you... you are so lost... and so convinced that you are absolutely 100% right, and you are helping build a system that is fueled by hate. You're being used and you don't even know it. And by the time you wake-up, it may be too late for you to get out."
Beck also claims that for liberals questioning the existence of an "escape route," the answer is "yes."
"Doesn't matter what happened in the past, brother," Beck said. "Doesn't matter what 'ya thought. Doesn't matter what 'ya even did. What matters is that you're here now."
"My family and I will accept you with open arms."
WATCH:

No comments:

Post a Comment