Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thai Restaurateur: I Don’t ‘Give A Damn About CT Shooting,’ Says Nobody Cares About Minority Shootings

Owner and chef of the Austin, Texas, restaurant Thai Noodle House (pictured) Eddie Nimibutr is being bombarded with vitriolic Facebook posts for posting incendiary comments about the 27 victims who were brutally executed in the Sandy Hook School massacre in Newtown, Conn., reports KEYE-TV.


Upon receiving the news about the elementary school killings that left 20 children and seven adults dead, after gunman Adam Lanza broke in to Sandy Hook and went on a shooting rampage, the Thailand-born Nimibutr reportedly wrote on his now-defunct Facebook page:

I’m failing to give a damn about the CT shooting.

Adding fuel to the fire, the seemingly callous restaurateur blatantly added:

I don’t care if a bunch of White kids got killed. F**k Post-Racial bullshit. When kids from minority groups get shot, nobody cares. When Israel launched missiles at the school on Gaza, everybody was too busy jerking off. Why should i care about people who don’t give a damn about me? Personal responsibility, right?

Nimibutr continued with his public rantings about the shooting, even after he received a significant amount of backlash and threats of violence from readers:

I am no fool to just feel and just believe the hypocrisy in our society the way everyone told me how to. Lots of people are mad at me for the thing I said. Some called with threats of violence. I laughed at the internet tough guys, but I reported to the police. I am educated and believe in my rights of the Freedom of Speech.

Nimibutr then said:

If you don’t like me or my opinions, I suggest you to unfriend me and f**k off. I am pretty much sick of some people telling me what to think, how to think, or how to feel today, and if you don’t like my foods, f**k off and eat someplace else, Nimibutr commented.

Watch news coverage of the incident here:

Video will take a few seconds to load

Attempts were made to contact Nimibutr but to no avail. He is not reachable at the restaurant and it is now being reported that Nimibutr does not own it, even though he is listed as such in local directories.

Unfortunately, Nimibutr seems to be no stranger to criticism. His noodle house was also severely blasted on Yelp, with dozens of people giving it one star ratings and complaining about the unsanitary conditions and unsavory food.

Nimibutr issued an apology on Tuesday when he spoke to KEYE-TV but refused to show his face, “It was a bad response, I shouldn’t have said it in those words,” said Nimibutr. “Looking back at it, it was better to say something than to be silent. I do apologize, because maybe it was a little insensitive to write something like that, right that day the day of the shooting.”

Now Nimibutr says that he not only has been received threatening phone calls, but he has been getting death threats as well. He also claims that people have been driving by his house and business, which has been closed since Monday for fear of retaliation against him and his employees.

A Facebook page entitled, “Boycott Thai Noodle House and Demand Apology From Eddie Nimibutr,” has been set up, and to date, 1,036 people have ‘Liked’ it.

Meanwhile, Nimibutr remains in hiding.

 
 Wow, did he just say what some people really want to say, just a bit too harsh?


Source
 

No comments:

Post a Comment