Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Most Pirated TV Shows Are.....

Game of Thrones has the dubious title of being the most pirated television show this spring, with more than 5 million people downloading the Season 3 premiere alone, according to TorrentFreak. The number of overall downloads for the HBO hit was up 25 percent over last year. Interestingly, Game of Thrones' ratings increased by about the same percentage this season from legal views.

David Petrarca, the show's director, previously told TorrentFreak he isn't bothered by the show's popularity among pirates. The "cultural buzz" generated from such views is "how [shows] survive," he said.

Other shows that made TorrentFreak's list of the Top 10 Most Pirated TV Shows included The Vampire Diaries, How I Met Your Mother, and newcomers Hannibal and Arrow.

The numbers used to compile the list do not include online streaming and cyberlocker downloads, which cannot be measured accurately — meaning that the actual number of illegal viewers is higher than that included in TorrentFreak's list.

Check out the full list below, including estimated downloads:

1. Game of Thrones (5.2 million)
2. The Big Bang Theory (2.9 million)
3. How I Met Your Mother (2.85 million)
4. The Walking Dead (2.7 million)
5. Hannibal (2.1 million)
6. Vikings (1.9 million)
7. Arrow (1.85 million)
8. The Vampire Diaries (1.8 million)
9. Modern Family (1.75 million)
10. Revenge (1.7 million)

You would think that people who do reply on torrents would try to now cover their tracks knowing that their movements are being monitored. I have in my collection of Movies and Series that I can't live without:

StarGate SG1
StarGate Atlantis
StarGate Universe
Star Trek Voyager
Star Trek DS9
RoboTech
Bleach Complete Series
All The Current and Full Seasons Of Naruto Shippuden And Naruto
Hellsing Anime
Ancient Aliens
Justice League Series
The Wire
Luther. BBC Series
As Time Goes By, BBC Series
Breaking Bad
Ronin Warriors
Legion Of Super Heroes
Hatfields and McCoys
Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Afro Samurai

All the above series I payed for and wish I would have Known that I could have gotten most of them free. Anyhow, I have all of them in one place where I can watch them anytime using the guide listed below:
TV Without Limits! Out of the list of Pirated Shows the only one I watch is Walking Dead. I was also thinking no love for Falling Skies?

It's good to have a good show that gets to you even after it's been off the air for a while, but to have it at your finger tips makes life better. I know I may never see another Star Trek TV series in my lifetime since the movies have pretty much changed the time lines. This is one of the many things I hate about the new way of movie making, they seem to never want to continue the story as you know it.

Somehow, someone had the idea that we should go back and look at how things all started. This can kill a person interest in a show, series, or favorite movie. Look at the "Fast and Furious" Movies, if it were not for the cars, most people might realize that the only reason everyone is in the film is because they went back to a time when everyone who wasn't killed or whatever is still alive!

Anyhow, there are still a lot of great series I would like to get like:

Gundam Wing
BattleStar Galatica
V
 And more......

Least now I know it will be a bit cheaper....LOL

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment